- January 31, 2013For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON, Jan 31, 2013 –Exhibition Place is proud to announce that The Green Building Institute (GBCI) has issued Mark Goss, General Manager of Operations a LEED Green Associate Certificate. Exhibition Place includes the award winning LEED Silver Allstream Centre and Direct Energy Centre exhibition and convention centre complex.
- October 01, 2012
- March 07, 2012For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON, March 7, 2011 – Judith Goodkin, General Manager of Food & Beverage at Allstream Centre received top honours from her parent company, Centerplate as General Manager of the Year at their 2012 Annual Meeting in Vancouver. Individuals, whose efforts in 2011 exemplified the company’s commitment to deliver Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results TM for its clients and guests were acknowledged.
- November 22, 2011For Immediate Release… Toronto, ON, November 22, 2011 - Canada’s first conference centre built to LEED Silver Standards is taking claim to yet another top title today: Runner-up in the 2011 Canada’s Best Restroom Contest, presented by Mississauga-based Cintas Canada, a leading provider of restroom hygiene products and services.
- January 10, 2011The 2010 Annual Best of the Year Awards from Interior Design Magazine honoured Allstream Centre at Exhibition Place with its first Award of Merit in the Public Space Category.
- October 07, 2010The 36th Annual Heritage Toronto Awards took place on October 5, 2010 at The Royal Conservatory of Music and honoured Allstream Centre at Exhibition Place with its first Award of Merit in the William Greer Architectural Conservations and Craftsmanship Category.
- September 02, 2010For Immediate Release…Toronto, ON, September 2, 2010 – Allstream Centre, at Exhibition Place was recently awarded the Environmental Stewardship Certificate for its outstanding commitment to green power by Direct Energy Business
- February 01, 2010Toronto Construction Association (TCA) Allstream Centre was recently awarded the “Best of the Best” award in the category of Project Achievement given by the Toronto Construction Association (TCA).
- January 25, 20102009 Ontario Building Envelope Council
- October 22, 2009A green phoenix rises at Exhibition Place, with the opening of Canada’s newest and greenest convention centre.
- September 09, 2009TORONTO. Today, His Worship Mayor Miller, and Deputy Mayor & Chair of Exhibition Place Joe Pantalone officially broke ground to celebrate the start of construction of Toronto’s newest Conference Centre redevelopment.
- July 15, 2008Globe and Mail: Report on Business by Angela Kryhul When the doors opened to the first “Motor Show” in Toronto’s Automotive Building in 1929, patrons were enthralled by the likes of the new Cord, Stutz, Duesenberg and Hudson, among many other vehicles, bathed in amber-tinted light streaming in through skylights. The skylights are gone – and now so are the cars. After eight decades and countless trade shows and other exhibits, the Automotive Building is getting a $46.88-million makeover that will see it outfitted with ballrooms and meeting rooms, and the exterior restored to the integrity of architect Douglas Kertland’s original design.
- June 24, 2008Council of the City of Toronto has approved a multi-year sponsorship agreement between Exhibition Place and MTS Allstream Inc., which sells enterprise communications services across Canada under its Allstream brand.
- Conference Centre at Exhibition Place to be Named ALLSTREAM CENTRE - A Conference & Convention Centre at Exhibition PlaceJune 24, 2008Council of the City of Toronto has approved a multi-year sponsorship agreement between Exhibition Place and MTS Allstream Inc., which sells enterprise communications services across Canada under its Allstream brand. The new conference centre being built within the heritage façade of the former Automotive Building will be named Allstream Centre - A Conference & Convention Centre at Exhibition Place.
- December 11, 2007Dramatic Redevelopment of Automotive Building Incorporates Environmental Design